- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Beans and Rice
"added some kick with a few drops of hot sauce and tomatoe paste. the husband ate some right out of the pan!"
"Surprisingly bland. It needs an onion (or two) and some peppers."
"Awesome recipe! I used white instant rice (because that is what I had in the cupboard) and added one beef boullion cube to water and garnished with sharp cheese. YUM! My 3 yr. old thought it was too spicy, so next time I will make it with italian seasoned tomatoes."