Hearty Bean Soup with Ham Recipe
This hearty soup is a real crowd-pleaser served with fresh corn bread. No one can believe how quick and easy it is to make.—Nelda Cameron, Cleveland, Texas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 199 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Bean Soup with Ham
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC