VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Bean Soup in Country Woman March/April 2000, p35
Reviews forHearty Bean Soup with Ham
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2009
"This is one of the best bean soups I have ever had. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2008
"Thanks again for another great recipe.Viny"