Hearty Bean Soup with Ham Recipe
This hearty soup is a real crowd-pleaser served with fresh corn bread. No one can believe how quick and easy it is to make.Nelda Cameron, Cleveland, Texas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Bean Soup in Country Woman March/April 2000, p35
Reviews for Hearty Bean Soup with Ham(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2011
This soup is so good and so easy! It is a hit with my family!
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2009
This is one of the best bean soups I have ever had. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2008
Thanks again for another great recipe.