Hearty Bean Side Dish
"In a small, simple ceremony on the farm, my mother, Betty, married Ron Kreiling. I prepared this hearty down-home dish to share."—Tina Roberts, Wellington, Ohio
16-20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine all ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Tip: Refrigerate up to 2 days; reheat to serve. Keep warm in a slow cooker or electric roaster.
Editor's Note: 1 pound cooked and drained ground beef may be substituted for the sausage.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 205 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.