Hearty Bean Side Dish Recipe
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage links, sliced
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 205 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Bean Side Dish
"I added about half a pound of cooked bacon pieces....out of this world!"
"I have made this recipe for three large gatherings now and I always receive rave reviews. Even though it's a quick recipe I'll put all ingredients in my 6 qt. Crock pot on high for about two hours and then on medium or low the rest of the day. It's always ready when I am."