Hearty Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over bean mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 156 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Bean Salad
"This is he best bean salad I ever had and I'm 67 years old. Found recipe 10days ago and made two double batches since"