Hearty Bean Casserole Recipe
This is an easy recipe to throw together for a hearty meal, and it's perfect to take to a potluck. It has a tangy sweet-and-sour flavor.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in all of the beans.
- 2. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; add to bean mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 337 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1124mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 9g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Hearty Bean Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC