- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute pepper in oil until tender. In a large bowl, coarsely mash beans. Add the beans, tomatoes, cream cheese and seasonings to the skillet. Cook and stir until heated through; stir in rice.
- Spoon scant 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Bean Burritos
Sort By :
"This recipe was good but needed some spice so we added salsa to it!"
"Great base for healthy vegetarian burritos...I must admit I changed the recipe quite a bit..added 2 fresh jalepenos, red onion and use rotel instead of diced tomatoes and taco seasoning instead of the separate seasonings listed and no rice...I also omitted the cheese topping and added sliced avocado instead...delicious!"
"I get this message when I click on view recipe. Frist time I've had this message.