This super-easy entree bursts with flavor, thanks to flavorful spices, tomatoes and a cream-cheese filling. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute pepper in oil until tender. In a large bowl, coarsely mash beans. Add the beans, tomatoes, cream cheese and seasonings to the skillet. Cook and stir until heated through; stir in rice.
- Spoon scant 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Bean Burritos in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p30
Reviews for Hearty Bean Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review