Hearty Bean Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bacon and beans. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, honey and vinegar. Pour over the bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes; stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 277 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Bean Bake
"This is one of the few bean recipes that I have not had to change at all to suit me."
"It was excellent."
"Which Taste of Home issue was this from? My friend keeps the magazines but can't remember which issue. She thought it might have been from 2008."