Because it makes such a big batch, this popular four-bean bake is perfect for potlucks...but I like to serve it with rolls and a salad at home too. We take the leftovers for lunch during the week. -Barb Wilkin Coshocton, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bacon and beans. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, honey and vinegar. Pour over the bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes; stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Bean Bake in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p37
Reviews for Hearty Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review