Hearty Baked Stew Recipe
My mother has been making this stew since the 1940s and prepared it for our family many times through the years. It's loaded with vegetables for wonderful flavor and pretty presentation. - Judith Wood, Fredericktown, Ohio
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and carrots. Crumble beef over carrots. Layer with the tomatoes, peas and onions. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Baked Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC