Hearty Baked Stew Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and carrots. Crumble beef over carrots. Layer with the tomatoes, peas and onions. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 284 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Baked Stew
"I tried it and found it to be a very tasty dish. In fact I have made it twice in 3 days."