"Adding ham to these veggie-topped potatoes makes them a complete meal-in-one," says Barbara Schindler from her home in Napoleon, Ohio. With plenty of cheese and a tasty sauce, too, they're sure to satisfy even the biggest appetites at dinnertime.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups California-blend vegetables
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
- Cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Baked Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p60
Reviews for Hearty Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2015
"Excellent dinner, my husband loved it!!"
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2014