Hearty Baked Potato Salad
This potato salad is a standout at picnics or as a side dish for lunch or supper. It tastes great steaming hot or at "field temperature". As a girl, I helped my aunt cook and deliver meals to the men during haying and harvesting. Now, my husband and I travel farm to farm selling machinery. We call our grinder-mixers "Cuisinarts for Hogs".
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 8 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Spread potatoes evenly over bottom of 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Combine onions, parsley, soup, mayonnaise and yogurt; pour over
- potatoes. Sprinkle with cooked bacon and paprika.
- Cover with aluminum boil and bake at 350° for 1 hour, uncovering
- during the last 30 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 166 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.