Hearty Baked Potato Salad Recipe
This potato salad is a standout at picnics or as a side dish for lunch or supper. It tastes great steaming hot or at "field temperature". As a girl, I helped my aunt cook and deliver meals to the men during haying and harvesting. Now, my husband and I travel farm to farm selling machinery. We call our grinder-mixers "Cuisinarts for Hogs".
- 8 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Spread potatoes evenly over bottom of 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine onions, parsley, soup, mayonnaise and yogurt; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cooked bacon and paprika.
- Cover with aluminum boil and bake at 350° for 1 hour, uncovering during the last 30 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Baked Potato Salad in Country Woman July/August 1989, p29
Reviews for Hearty Baked Potato Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >