Hearty Baked Oatmeal
“This is a breakfast that will stick with you,” writes Cynthia Rodgers from Brewton, Alabama. Cranberries, apples and cinnamon bring comforting flavor to each bite.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place oats in a large bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5
- minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray
- (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and set. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 224 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.