“This is a breakfast that will stick with you,” writes Cynthia Rodgers from Brewton, Alabama. Cranberries, apples and cinnamon bring comforting flavor to each bite.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place oats in a large bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Baked Oatmeal in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p45
Reviews for Hearty Baked Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review