Hearty Baked Beans Recipe
This saucy dish is flavorful and filling, chock-full of ground beef, bacon and four varieties of beans. I've had the recipe for over 10 years and make it often for big appetites at home and potlucks at work and church. —Cathy Swancutt, Junction City, Oregon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. Dutch oven. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 18 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 228 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC