Old-fashioned baked-bean flavor gets jazzed up with garlic, brown sugar and mustard in our Test Kitchen’s easy, downsized version of this family favorite.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strip, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (8 ounces) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small skillet, saute onion and bacon until onion is tender; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork and beans, kidney beans, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Baked Beans in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p46
Reviews for Hearty Baked Beans for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2010
"Just what I was looking for"
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2010
"this is a wounderful recipe. Good potluck choice. Yummmmmmm!"
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2010
"Idoubled the ingredients, we &the grand kids all loved it."