- Line unpricked dough with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake
- at 425° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Place
- on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; using a
- slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1
- tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender;
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and nutmeg. Stir in onion
- and reserved bacon. Toss the Swiss cheese and flour; stir into egg
- mixture. Pour into the crust. Arrange asparagus in a spoke-like
- pattern on top.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before removing sides of pan. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.