It may sound nutty, but this vegetarian version of Asian chicken salad packs in 13 grams of protein and is bursting with juicy flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare rice and edamame according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, rice and edamame. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad mixture between two plates; top with orange segments, radishes and almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Asian Lettuce Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Asian Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2012
salad the second time. I did find the ginger sesame dressing, but only in a pricey brand so I made my own Asian style dressing. We loved it and I can't imagine that the other dressing would have tasted any better than this. A definite keeper recipe!"
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2012
"I couldn't find the ginger sesame dressing so I used Asian style sesame dressing it was ok."