Hearty Asian Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 1 cup Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Prepare rice and edamame according to package directions.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, rice and edamame. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad mixture between two plates; top with orange segments, radishes and almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 329 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.