Hearty Asian Lettuce Salad
It may sound nutty, but this vegetarian version of your favorite restaurant salad packs in 13 grams of protein and is bursting with juicy flavor. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare rice and edamame according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, rice and edamame. Drizzle
- with salad dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad mixture between
- two plates; top with orange segments, radishes and almonds. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 329 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.