Heartwarming Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 362 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 11g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Heartwarming Chili
"In Texas, we don't put beans in our chili : )"
"Made just like the recipe stated! Wonderful chili.......love it!"
"This was absolutely awesome, everyone loved it. Top it with sharp cheddar and sour cream and you are done."
"I love this recipe"