Heartwarming Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Heartwarming Chili
Sort By :
"Made just like the recipe stated! Wonderful chili.......love it!"
"This was absolutely awesome, everyone loved it. Top it with sharp cheddar and sour cream and you are done."
"I love this recipe however, the nutrition facts are very off!!! According to the ingredients packaging nutritional values, there are 491 calories, 75 mg cholesterol, over 1900 mg sodium and 60 g carbs. That's quite a difference if you ask me."
"This is my go-to chili recipe - I LOVE it! I make a double batch in the slow cooker with lean ground turkey and freeze individual servings for later. Healthy and delish! :)"