Heartwarming Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Heartwarming Chili
Sort By :
Made just like the recipe stated! Wonderful chili.......love it!
This was absolutely awesome, everyone loved it. Top it with sharp cheddar and sour cream and you are done.
I love this recipe however, the nutrition facts are very off!!! According to the ingredients packaging nutritional values, there are 491 calories, 75 mg cholesterol, over 1900 mg sodium and 60 g carbs. That's quite a difference if you ask me.
This is my go-to chili recipe - I LOVE it! I make a double batch in the slow cooker with lean ground turkey and freeze individual servings for later. Healthy and delish! :)