- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 8 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Place cloves and allspice in a small bowl. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, crush spices until aromas are released. Add the tea bags, ginger, nutmeg and boiling water. Cover and steep for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the milk.
- Strain tea into the pan, discarding tea bags and spices. Stir in honey and vanilla. Ladle into mugs. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Heartwarming Chai in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p46
Reviews for Heartwarming Chai
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review