Heartwarming Beef & Pork Chili Recipe
Loaded with both beef and pork, this chili is extra meaty. I keep it mild so it's easy on sensitive stomachs and for children who can't handle hot spices.—Christine Panzarella, Buena Park, California
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions and/or hot pepper slices, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, pork, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Add the water, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream, green onions and/or hot peppers if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 237 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Heartwarming Beef & Pork Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC