- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions and/or hot pepper slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, pork, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream, green onions and/or hot peppers if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Heartwarming Beef & Pork Chili
Sort By :
"Very good, great for someone who loves a really meaty chili. The addition of the ground pork gives it a little different flavor that we enjoyed.For those who like it spicier, hot sausage would be a good substitute for the ground pork."
"I've been cooking this recipe for years and the men of the house absolutely LOVE it!! Me too :) Thanks so much Mrs. P!"
"My family sorta liked it."
"I made this in my Crock Pot! I didn't even brown the meat first. I just put it all in together and cooked it on high for about 4 hours. It was a little soupy so I added rice and cheese. It was awesome!"
"We love this chili! I have even substituted the pinto beans with a can of baked beans, which made it even sweeter, which we loved! Often, I use turkey sausage for the pork or more ground beef. It is always great."