Heartwarming Beef & Pork Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions and/or hot pepper slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, pork, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream, green onions and/or hot peppers if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Heartwarming Beef & Pork Chili(5)
Sort By :
I've been cooking this recipe for years and the men of the house absolutely LOVE it!! Me too :) Thanks so much Mrs. P!
My family sorta liked it.
I made this in my Crock Pot! I didn't even brown the meat first. I just put it all in together and cooked it on high for about 4 hours. It was a little soupy so I added rice and cheese. It was awesome!
We love this chili! I have even substituted the pinto beans with a can of baked beans, which made it even sweeter, which we loved! Often, I use turkey sausage for the pork or more ground beef. It is always great.
Excellent, easy recipe for chili. My husband always says it tastes as good as chili that's cooked all day.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pork Chili >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chili Recipes >