Hearts of Palm and Red Pimentos Salad
Lettuce leaves topped with hearts of palm, green peppers, pimientos, celery, and onions. Brought to you by dLife®
4 ServingsPrep: 1440 min. Cook: 0 min.
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 15 ounces canned palm hearts, drained, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 each small green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 ounces canned, sliced pimentos, drained
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh romaine leaves
- In a large bowl, mix together the hearts of palm, green pepper,
- pimientos, celery, onions, parsley, oil, and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Serve on top of the lettuce leaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 90 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 165 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate,, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/4 fat, 1 vegetable.