Heartland Meat Cakes Recipe
Meats representative of America's Heartland—beef, pork and ham—are all used in this recipe, which I inherited from my mother. It makes a filling meal and is one of our family's favorites.—Virginia Bloomenrader, Highmore, South Dakota
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground smoked ham
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a bowl, combine beef, pork, ham, egg, onion, mashed potatoes, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined. Divide into 12 portions, about 1/2 cup each, and shape into oval cakes. Place 1 in. apart in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine soup and water; pour over meat. Cover with foil; bake at 350° for 45 minutes, basting occasionally. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 444 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1380mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Heartland Meat Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC