- sides of each rectangle, make 2-in. cuts at 1/2-in. intervals.
- Spread pie filling down the center of each rectangle; crisscross
- strips over filling. Shape and stretch coffee cakes to form right
- and left halves of heart. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50
- minutes. Brush dough gently with egg white. Bake at 375° for
- 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. While warm, brush with
- butter. Cool on wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients. When coffee
- cakes have cooled, place heart halves together; drizzle glaze over
- heart. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 292 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.