Heart-Shaped Cheese Scones Recipe
"When you set out a plate of these golden scones flecked with bits of cheddar cheese, everyone will know you've put your heart into your baking," assures Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana. "They're a nice alternative to biscuits."
- 2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir in cheese. In small bowl, combine egg, sour cream, oil and milk. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; stir in egg mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently 10-12 times. Gently pat out to 1/3-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. heart-shaped cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Heart-Shaped Cheese Scones in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p8
Reviews for Heart-Shaped Cheese Scones(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2013
I've been making these scones for years. They are easy to make and taste great. My kids all enjoy them. Sometimes I just pat the dough into a circle and make wedges.