- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each puff pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Using an 11-in. heart pattern, cut each pastry into a heart shape. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold into pudding.
- Split puff pastry hearts in half. Place one layer on a serving plate. Top with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat twice. Top with remaining pastry.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water, almond extract and remaining vanilla until smooth. Spread over top. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Pipe in diagonal lines in one direction over frosting. Beginning 1 in. from side of heart, use a sharp knife to draw right angles across the piped lines. Refrigerate until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Heart's Delight Eclair
"This is SO! Easy to make and quick. I get requests to make this a lot! It's light and fluffy and creamy and sweet. Like your sleeping in a extremely comfy bed ;). This is a must make dish for dessert."
"I have made this recipe many times and it has always produced rave reviews. My sister and another friend requests it every year on their birthday. I usually add fresh sliced strawberries between each layer, which makes it even more delicious and pretty. However, it doesn't matter how I make this Heart's Delight Eclair it is always a big hit."
"This is very light and delicious. I prefer to make it as individual bite size serving. This is done easily with a small cookie cutter. Much easier to eat than the large version that has to be cut."
"This is a frequently requested desserts by family and friends throughout the year. I usually just make it in the regualr rectangular shape because its easier to make and serve and just as beautiful. It is easy to make and OMGreat!!! Its so light and delicious even seconds are requested."
"This is easy and yummy. My whole family loved it.N.R Herriman, Utah"