Heart of My Heart Tarts Recipe
Crunchy walnuts carry the tune in these cute, delicious tarts. I enjoy the no-hassle crusts and a delectable walnut filling.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy; beat in flour until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape dough into eight balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased heart-shaped or regular muffin cups. In a small bowl, beat egg. Beat in brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in walnuts. Spoon into cups.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 346 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Heart of My Heart Tarts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC