- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy; beat in flour until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into eight balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased heart-shaped or regular muffin cups. In a small bowl, beat egg. Beat in brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in walnuts. Spoon into cups.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Heart of My Heart Tarts in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p21
Reviews for Heart of My Heart Tarts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >