- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, bread crumbs, onions, egg, parsley, dill, garlic and cheese.
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Reviews for Healthy Zucchini Pancakes
"These appear in the Aug/Sept 2010 magazine as Feta Zucchini Pancakes but on the website as healthy Zucchini Pancakes....tried these for dinner tonight. I made 4 larger pieces instead of 8 little ones. These are delicious but need some salt and pepper. They are bland if you make them according to the recipe. You must be patient and let them get very brown before turning. Try them."
"why do anything other then homemade bread crumbs from your end pieces ect if you already have the food processor to shred the zucchini? my food processor btw is over 35 years old and still does a fine job! oh, and dill does have it's place and that's with cucumbers to be pickled and fish, poasted..."
"These were really good and full of flavor...next time, might use just a little less dill (I used 1 teaspoon dried), but still good just as they are."
"I have made this recipe twice and we loved it. I make it without the cheese to save calories and fat and it is delicious."
"This were tasty and a nice, healthy alternative to the fried potato latkes that I love!"
"Made these again using shredded zucchini from last year's garden (frozen) and it still tasted great! Thanks for the recipe"
"I thought they needed a little salt so I added 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of season salt and about 3 dashes of pepper. I didn't have any fresh herbs so I substituted 1 teaspoon dried for 1 tablespoon of fresh.They were FANTASTIC."
"They are really tasty and I enjoyed them very much. I had them as a side vegetable with pan fried chicken and the flavours went together wonderful. I will be making these again for sure."
"Very easy and very good. Would make them again!"