Healthy Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
Fun and flavorful, these rustic veggie pancakes make a wonderfully versatile side dish. They’re also a great solution for what to do with all your extra zucchini! —Diana Johnson, Auburn, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1. In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, bread crumbs, onions, egg, parsley, dill, garlic and cheese.
- 2. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Yield: 8 pancakes.
2 pancakes equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC