Healthy Zucchini Pancakes
Fun and flavorful, these rustic veggie pancakes make a wonderfully versatile side dish. They’re also a great solution for what to do with all your extra zucchini! —Diana Johnson, Auburn, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess
- liquid. Pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, bread
- crumbs, onions, egg, parsley, dill, garlic and cheese.
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low
- heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly
- to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using
- remaining oil as needed.
- Yield: 8 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,