Healthy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute peppers and prosciutto until peppers are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Healthy Tuscan Chicken
Sort By :
This recipe is great. I've made it several times now. It is even better left over than the first night. The flavors are great the second time around. To reheat, I heat the chicken and sauce first and then add in the peppers when it is nearly ready. That keeps my peppers from becoming too soggy. I hate that. Also, I didn't have cans of chicken broth when I made this the first time, so I used one of the Knorr Concentrated Chicken Stock tubs and a little water. I think this intensified the chicken flavor. I also made this for a party not too long ago. I just cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and doubled the recipe. Everyone loved it.
This was flavorful but we liked the Tuscan Chicken by Debra Legrand better. The two recipes are nothing alike. This is saucy and the other is not.
This was very very good!!!!! Thanks for such a healthy and tasty recipe!!!!!!
Chicken was very moist! My husband is very picky and loved it. Will make it again for sure!!
This recipe is Awsome! I served this with Angel hair pasta and a salad a full dinner in no time. I make this at least once a month.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >