Healthy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute peppers and prosciutto until peppers are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Healthy Tuscan Chicken
Sort By :
"Quick and easy. Everyone loved it. Only used 1 pepper but it was still plenty (used more for garnish then side dish) and skipped the ham."
"This was a great dish. Very easy to make with lots of flavor."
"I added a hot pepper and still found this kind of bland. I also used fresh chopped tomatoes and so I had to add salt. Perhaps some olives would have been nice. I used fresh herbs which I added at the end to preserve their flavor."
"My husband and I get bored very easily with the same foods and try not to have leftovers because we won't eat them. But this recipe is a repeat keeper. Absolutely delicious!"
"lives up to its name. tastes and feels very healthy. simple and rather refreshing. would like to try with the fresh herbs next time as i would imagine they would kick up the "healthy" taste."