Healthy Turkey Burgers
“Even though they’re new to his palate, my 81-year-old dad loves these!” Savory and sweet, these easy, fun burgers will lure you away from your pub favorite with just one bite. Catherine VanSteenkiste - Ray, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, bread crumbs,
- cranberries and feta cheese. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 354 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.