- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, bread crumbs, cranberries and feta cheese. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Healthy Turkey Burgers
"I really enjoyed these. They were easy and quite tasty. I went light on the cranberries as I was unsure of the mix but next time I will put in the proper amount. They gave the burger a great flavor. Thank you for sharing!"
"Good! Much better than the commercial frozen patties. My husband didn't care for the unexpected cranberries, but I loved them. Next time I'll add his cranberries to my burger!"
"I made this last night. They were the best turkey burgers from ToH I have made. I followed the advise of others and used a whole egg. I broiled them in the oven and served them between 2 bagels. I did leave out the cranberries as my hubby would not be a fan of it. Yum They were super easy too."
"On a diet, so this is timely. Used shredded sharp cheddar instead. Tasted great. I made a big mac sauce and put on white bread."
"Excellent! Like the other reviewers I also used 1 beaten egg. I also chose the dried cranberries. The cranberries gave it just the right tang. I also added thinly sliced cucumbers and red onion & topped it off with a bit more Feta. Can't say it enough. Fantastic!!!"