Healthy Turkey Burgers for Two Recipe
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, bread crumbs, cranberries and feta cheese. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 354 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Healthy Turkey Burgers for Two
"These are delicious! Next time, I might add some jalepeno pepper for a little bite."
"Really Good. Everyone in the family liked this alot."
"I also used a real egg instead of the substitute and I used dried cherries. I also pan fried them. They were very good."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.