“Even though they’re new to his palate, my 81-year-old dad loves these!” Savory and sweet, these easy, fun burgers will lure you away from your pub favorite with just one bite. Catherine VanSteenkiste - Ray, Michigan
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, bread crumbs, cranberries and feta cheese. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Healthy Turkey Burgers for Two in Healthy Cooking
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Healthy Turkey Burgers for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review