- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, bread crumbs, cranberries and feta cheese. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Healthy Turkey Burgers
"Good! Much better than the commercial frozen patties. My husband didn't care for the unexpected cranberries, but I loved them. Next time I'll add his cranberries to my burger!"
"I made this last night. They were the best turkey burgers from ToH I have made. I followed the advise of others and used a whole egg. I broiled them in the oven and served them between 2 bagels. I did leave out the cranberries as my hubby would not be a fan of it. Yum They were super easy too."
"On a diet, so this is timely. Used shredded sharp cheddar instead. Tasted great. I made a big mac sauce and put on white bread."
"Excellent! Like the other reviewers I also used 1 beaten egg. I also chose the dried cranberries. The cranberries gave it just the right tang. I also added thinly sliced cucumbers and red onion & topped it off with a bit more Feta. Can't say it enough. Fantastic!!!"
"I made this recipe for two. I used a real egg and dries cherries. It was very good."