Make any meal extra special by topping it off with this tart, berry-bursting dessert. Simply wonderful! —Amanda Millard, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, raspberries, blueberries and honey. Combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add milk and oil, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Triple Berry Cobbler in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p52
Reviews for Healthy Triple Berry Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review