- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 to 5 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Discard cloves and bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Healthy Tomato Soup
Sort By :
I really did not care for this soup at all. It had an odd flavor from either the cloves or the celery leaves or the combination.
This is nice.
We have been on the search for a gluten free tomato soup for the last 1 1/2 years due to my daughter being diagnosed with Celiac disease. This is one meal that was her favorite, and she loves this healthy gluten free tomato soup. I highly reccommend it! The clove may throw you off, but they do add a unique taste.
Delicious, especially served with grilled cheese sandwiches. It's healthy and flavorful with all of the herbs- I don't miss the salt!
Easy and very good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Soup >
- Slow Cooker Stews >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >