Healthy Spinach Dip Recipe
I needed something healthy and low in fat to take to a get-together, so I experimented and came up with this dip. It's packed full of flavor and color. Served with assorted veggies, bread or crackers, it's always a hit. People ask for the recipe every time. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 ounce fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Radishes and carrot sticks
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in spinach. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1 cup.
1/2 cup (calculated without carrots) equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC