Healthy Shrimp Piccata Pasta
This dish is quick, easy, flavorful and a great way to introduce shrimp and capers to your menu. The light sauce really enhances the wonderful flavor of shrimp. —Carol Bess White, Portland, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar (3 ounces) capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. Add the
- shrimp, capers, lemon juice and garlic powder; cook and stir for 5-6
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 293 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.