This dish is quick, easy, flavorful and a great way to introduce shrimp and capers to your menu. The light sauce really enhances the wonderful flavor of shrimp. —Carol Bess White, Portland, Oregon
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar (3 ounces) capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, capers, lemon juice and garlic powder; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Piccata Pasta in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Healthy Shrimp Piccata Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review