- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar (3 ounces) capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, capers, lemon juice and garlic powder; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Healthy Shrimp Piccata Pasta
Sort By :
I love capers, and actually found this recipe by doing a search for them. This is a very light and simple dish. It's easy to make and very tasty.
Green olives w/ the pimento's can substitute for capers.
Can someone recommend a substitution for the capers? They are not a familiar ingredient to me so I hesitate to use them. Thank You
Was very tasty and quick to make, this one is going in the frequently made category.
This was good, however, I would substitute capers for something else. I also added a little ranch dressing to my plate. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >