Healthy Seafood Stew Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red or yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 8 ounces orange roughy or red snapper fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1. In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the rice, chili powder and garlic; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Add the tomatoes, peppers and onion. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add fish, shrimp and orange juice concentrate. Cover and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the shrimp turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 208 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Healthy Seafood Stew
"We added mushrooms, but I would also decrease the amount of orange juice concentrate because it had a bit of a tang to it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.