Healthy Seafood Stew Recipe
"A friend who lives in Florida shared the recipe for this flavorful stew that's seasoned with chili powder and orange juice concentrate," informs Carolyn Hayes of Marion, Illinois. "My husband really enjoys it, so I make it often."
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red or yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 8 ounces orange roughy or red snapper fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the rice, chili powder and garlic; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Add the tomatoes, peppers and onion. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add fish, shrimp and orange juice concentrate. Cover and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the shrimp turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Stew in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Healthy Seafood Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2012
We added mushrooms, but I would also decrease the amount of orange juice concentrate because it had a bit of a tang to it.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >